Wednesday, October 14, 2009

So far this year...

I was just telling Josh, the other day, that I don't know many people who could have made it threw a first year of marriage, still sane, like we have had. We were just getting settled into married life and on Christmas Day we found out that we were pregnant...say that we were escstatic is an understatement!!! We had just finished calling everyone to wish them a "Merry Christmas", to have to turn around and call them all back to let them know we were going to have a baby. Well, I was feeling awesome and on top of the world until the middle of January.

At week 9 of my pregnancy, I developed a condition called hyperemesis which left me sick non-stop and sleeping on the bathroom floor for that next month. I was hospitalized 3 times and then was placed on a Zofran pump, in my stomach, to help control the vomiting. I was on the pump and under home healthcare with an IV in my arm, until the end of May. There were so many scares in the midst of all of this, on top of everything else, because there were many times they could not find baby's heartbeat. During these times, we just kept telling God that we knew He was in control and we knew that He was holding us in His hands! Each time we were back in the hospital for an ultrasound, there was our baby girl, b-bopping around, healthy as could be!!!

Then, on August 3, at lunch time, Josh received a phone call that his daddy had just suffered either a heart attack or a stroke and was being rushed to the e.r. We were to get there asap, because they didn't know if he would even make it to the hospital. Josh rushed home to pick me up and we headed to the other side of Dayton, OH. For the next week, we were waiting to see if Papa Brown would wake up. He did not and Josh made the decision to have him taken off of life support. From there, we went to Hospice of Dayton, until he passed away on August 10. At the end of that week, was Papa Brown's funeral. Never in my life have I ever been so proud of anyone, than to see my hubby preach his daddy's funeral. Josh did an incredible job at preaching the Word and sharing the Gospel with all of our family and friends. It was such a bitter sweet time.

In the midst of all of the trauma with Josh's daddy, our sweet little Libby, while still in utero, kept turning sideways in my belly. We had to leave Dayton, in the middle of the week, to come back to Cinci to have her turned. Praise be to our great God, because as my doctor did the ultrasound, Libby had turned face down...she would be able to cook a little longer, she didn't have to be turned, and we were out of the danger zone of having to have an emergency c-section. Fastforward a few weeks...Finally, on Sunday, September 6, 2009 at 4:11 pm our sweet Libby Grace was born! She was 20.5 inches long and weighed 6 pounds 11.4 ounces...she was absolutely perfect!!!! I'll post the birth story later.

Even though this has been a hard year in every which way, we just praise God for His faithfulness, that "He will never leave us nor forsake us"! We know that He is going to use all of these things for His glory, whether we get to see the outcome on this side of Heaven or not. There is so much more I want to write, but I have to stop for now. Sweet Libby is waking up for her midnight snack...these babies just have the life...eating and sleeping all day while being spoiled rotten...I love it!

Good night y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment