Wednesday, October 14, 2009

~Our First Year~

I'll start by telling our story...Back in the winter of 2008, I was still working as a houseparent at the Liberty Godparent Home and taking classes at the same time. Joy and Lori call me up saying that we are going out to lunch, a movie, shopping, etc for a total girly day. I reminded them that I had a million things to get caught up on, in my classes...well, that did not stop the Knapton duo. In less than 30 minutes they were dragging me out of the home for our little adventure.


We had a fantastic day, as we always did. As Lori was bringing me back to the home she said that she wanted to talk to me. Joy and Lori's hubbies had decided that they were going to put me on eHarmony because they wanted me to finally have a hubby! I was nervous, excited, and felt so loved all at the same time. Well, I did eHarmony for awhile and had a blast, but I was getting to the point that I was over it. On April 21st, I was going to close out my account when I had a message from Josh, that said, "I just wanted to say Hi". I was intrigued so I read his profile and I immediately knew that he would one day be my hubby...we started and finished the whole communication process within a couple of hours. That whole week we emailed non-stop and then that Friday he called me and we talked the entire night. Keri and I were supposed to go out for breakfast that Saturday morning, but it got pushed to lunch because I was so pooped. Freda called me during lunch and said that I should come back to the home because there was a special delivery. Keri and I scarfed down the rest of our lunch, got to the home, to find that Josh had sent me 3 red roses in a beautiful glass pitcher and glass (that way, I wouldn't have to get up in the middle of the night and walk all the way to the other end of the house for something to drink). I was beyond giggly at this point!!!


From that point on, we talked nonstop...I mean literally, when we weren't working, we were talking...there was no time for anything else, not even sleep! Josh came down to visit 2 weeks later, on Mother's Day of 2008, and then we took turns flying back and forth, visiting each other every two weeks. On Father's Day, he proposed, and then on September 20, 2008 we got married and made our home in Cincinnati!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment