Sunday, March 7, 2010

Whew, it's been too long...

since I have blogged. That should tell ya something...our life has been NUTS!!! Well, before the swine flu epidemic swept through our home, we took a little trip down to Southern Baptist Seminary, just to check it out. I've been telling Josh forever, that he needs to start his Masters. Well, he never seemed to interested, so I kept praying, and finally one morning, he listened to God and me:0)

During the preview weekend at Southern, Josh turned in his application. By Thanksgiving weekend we found out of his acceptance, and so the continued search for a home continued. We had been relentlessly looking on Craigslist. We had only found one that seemed like a possibility and when we came down to see it, oh gracious, it was a total wreck. There was no way on earth we were even going to consider it. Needless to say, we had no idea what to do next. So, as we were praying, driving back to campus, we checked out the housing board. Sure enough, there was the most perfect home that we had been praying for. Within 15 minutes we were being given a tour and we were in love. God is INCREDIBLE!!!

House: check! We get back to Cinci and decided to wait until Christmas and New Years were over with before making the move. The holidays were AWESOME!!!! I think it was probably one of the best Christmas' we've had. The only thing that would have made it perfect, would to be in VA. So, the weekend after New Years was to be the big move. Of course, it began to snow, snow, snow. What an exciting mess this was. Three days later, we finally make it to Louisville. Bless Josh's heart, he pretty much loaded and unloaded the enitre truck by himself. We are beyond thankful for our friend Michael, who helped Josh load all of the heavy stuff. So, we get things somewhat settled and within a few days, head back to Cinci. I had to have my gallbladder taken out b/c it had gone bad during my pregnancy. Sure enough, as our year had gone, my outpatient surgery turned into 2 surgeries and a 2 1/2 day stay in the hospital. With another procedure to follow in March. Josh and Libby were camped out at the hospital for days. One of Josh's friends had them stay with his family for a night to keep from driving back to KY.

As of today, I just had my last surgery, and am feeling GREAT! We have gotten all of our boxes unpacked, except for the books (that's my project this week). This weekend, was the first weekend without snow or rain, so we've been outside cleaning up the yard. Isaac was having a ball yesterday, riding his scooter, picking up sticks for our firepit, and jumping in the leaves. Libby was just hanging out in her pack 'n play, while daddy and I cleaned. I have LOVED LOVED LOVED the snow, but I am LOVIN' this sunshine!!!

Josh has classes a couple of days of week. I absolutely LOVE having him home all of the time. Seriously, I'm praying that he could have a job working from home because I just can't get enough of him. He is enjoying his classes but can't wait to get into his core leadership classes. In due time...I'm SO very proud of my hubs!!! If only all men were God-centered, family focused, and loving, what a difference we would see in this world!!! God just continues to rock my world through him!

So, stats on the kiddos...Aaron is now a very proud 6 1/2 year old. He is literally the smartest kid in his class. This coming week we have to get he and daddy new bicycles. Isaac is 5 years and 1 month old. He got a new bike for his birthday and can't wait to ride it! He is growing so much in intellect and stature. We have the sweetest, funniest, and most curious little men in the world. Libby is now 6 months old. She is a drool-monster, so any day we're expecting to see a tooth. We have her check-up this week. This little one is a busy bee and rolls all over the place. Everything in sight gets put into her mouth and she loves being entertained by her big brothers. Our 3 babes are God's greatest blessings to us!!!

I guess that's about all for now...in the next weeks, I will do better at keeping up our family blog. For now, everyone rest up and get ready for this new week!!!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoying your blog! Glad I came across it so now I can keep up with you and your family. I can't believe how much stuff you went through this past year but I'm glad your little girl is healthy and that you are to! Take care and keep writing!

    ReplyDelete